Getting Here and Around
From Oslo take the E16 to Hønefoss, and then follow Route 7 to Gol. Change for Route 52 at Gol. The bus company Nor-Way Bussekspress serves Hemsedal—journey time 4½ hours. There is no train station at Hemsedal. The nearest station is in Gol, 30 km (18.5 mi) away. The local bus, route 360, connects with the railway station in Gol. It is operated by Sogn Billag, part of Fjord1.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe