Fishing is possible in the Gaula, one of Norway's finest salmon rivers, or in the Glåma, Norway's longest river, recommended for grayling and trout. An angling guidebook and fishing licenses are sold at the tourist office, in shops and gas stations, and at the rangers' office in Holtålen.
Skilled guides can show you the area and advise you on where and how to fish, preserving and cooking your catch. Contact Ålen Fjellstyre. 72-41-55-77.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Dogsled Tours
- Hiking and Bicycling
- Hiking and Climbing
- Hiking and Glacier Walking
- Horseback Riding
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe