Geilo's 90 mountain lakes and river stretches are open to the public from June to September and most are well stocked with trout. Inquire about recreation maps for Geilo and Hallingskarvet at the tourist office. Fishing permits, which are mandatory, are available in local sport shops, campsites, and at the Geilo tourist office for NKr 50 per day.
Fishing tackle and boat rentals can be organized through Geilo Camping for NKr 120 a day, while rowboats cost NKr 90 for three hours. 32-09-07-33.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Dogsled Tours
- Hiking and Bicycling
- Hiking and Climbing
- Hiking and Glacier Walking
- Horseback Riding
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe