Fishing in Bergen
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
With so much water around, it's no wonder sportfishing is a popular pastime in Bergen. Angling along the coast around Bergen is possible all year, although it is unquestionably more pleasant in summer. In late summer many move up the area rivers to catch spawning salmon and trout. Whether you prefer fishing in streams, fjords, or the open sea, there are several charter services and fishing tours available. Most can also provide all the fishing gear you need, but be sure to bring warm and waterproof clothes, even in summer.
Campelen. A local fishing supply store, Campelen also arranges fjord fishing, deep-sea fishing, and charter tours, all departing from central Bergen. Strandgt. 17, Downtown, Bergen, 5013. 55-32-34-72.
Weller. The Weller is a fishing boat often used by professional fishermen. They offer daily trips in summer, as well as chartered tours. 55–19–13–03 or 40–82–58–28. www.weller.no.
Sotra Rorbusenter. Sotra Rorbusenter offers boat rental, guided tours, and chartered tours from Sotra outside Bergen. Spildepollen, Glesvær, Bergen Environs, Bergen, 5381. 56–31–79–76. www.rorbusenter.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe