- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
Custom House Restaurant
Custom House Restaurant Review
The food is first-class and the river views are stunning, but at this restaurant on Derry's quays it's the chandelier that truly wows diners. Made in Italy from thousands of octagonal glass crystals and weighing over 330 pounds, it is illuminated by 30 color-changing LEDs. Such is the weight of the chandelier that workmen had to strengthen the ceiling to accommodate it. Signature dishes for dinner, served upstairs in the main dining area, include crispy pork belly, black pudding and crispy hen's egg, and delicious salt-and-chili squid. Snacks and bar food are available in the more informal downstairs lounge. The restaurant occupies an 1876 building where taxes were collected from ships arriving at the port.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
We are visiting Ireland and Scotland for about 8 days each in May 2014. Read more