- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Verbal Arts Centre
Verbal Arts Centre Review
You would usually expect to see it in Dublin, but the complete manuscript of James Joyce's Ulysses has been handwritten onto the walls of the Verbal Arts Centre by Colin Dark. You won't, of course, have time to read all of it, but while you're here, admire the marble floor designed by the celebrated Irish artist Louis le Brocquy, who died in 2012. The center is a hotbed of literary activity promoting the spoken and written word, and presents storytelling re-created in the old Irish tradition of fireside tales. Book hounds love to chill at Blooms Café, a delightful spot looking out over Derry's walls.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
My DH and I would love to do a little exploring next March or October. Read more