- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Grand Opera House
Grand Opera House Review
Shows from all over Ireland and Britain—and sometimes farther afield—play at this beautifully restored Victorian theater. Though it has no resident company of its own, major West End musicals and plays pass through, plus the occasional opera or ballet. It's worth attending a show just to enjoy the gigantic and splendid opera house itself. The Baby Grand—a theater within a theater—hosts comedy, live music, and educational workshops as well as film and special events. Hour-long guided tours (minimum10 people) take place on Thursdays and Saturdays, and you can peruse a theater-history exhibition on the second floor. Luciano's Café Bar (named after the opera giant Pavarotti) serves snacks and light lunches. For a more extensive choice the Hippodrome Restaurant on the third floor opens two hours before the show and allows you to split your meal: have a main course before the performance and come back for puddings at the interval.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
My DH and I would love to do a little exploring next March or October. Read more