- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ulster Hall Review
The historic Ulster Hall became the permanent home of the Ulster Orchestra shortly after the building reopened in 2009 following its multimillion-pound refit. At the gala civic ceremony on the reopening night the Orchestra played "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini" by Sergei Rachmaninov, who himself once played in the hall. The classical music season runs here from September through April. Concerts are mostly held on Fridays, but you can call or check online (www.ulsterorchestra.com) to learn about other dates and free open rehearsals and 50-minute lunchtime concerts. Apart from classical, the hall presents rock, folk, traditional Irish, blues, jazz, and other forms, along with comedy and cabaret acts. With its superb acoustics, Ulster Hall provides the perfect listening and foot-tapping experience.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more