- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Utrecht forms the central hub of the national rail network, and tracks fan out from here in all directions. You can get a direct train from here to pretty much anywhere in the country. Around five an hour make the 25-minute trip between Amsterdam and Utrecht throughout the day. If driving, the A2 southeast from Amsterdam will get you to Utrecht in around 30 minutes, but the trip can take much longer at peak times.
On buses, trams, and trains you can use an OV-chipkaart (public transport chip card) These credit card-size tickets can be loaded up with credit from machines in the railway stations, and are debited as you board and leave trains, trams, metros, and buses. There are information and sales points in the stations. Or visit www.ov-chipkaart.nl for more information.
Public Transportation Information (0900/9292. www.9292ov.nl.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe