- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Westertoren (Sint Gommarustoren)
Westertoren (Sint Gommarustoren) Review
One of the most striking sights in Enkhuizen is the 70-foot wooden clock tower beside the 16th-century redbrick Westerkerk (also called the Sint Gommaruskerk). The pale yellow square tower sits on a brick base and tapers toward the top, and is like no other construction in Benelux. Originally constructed in 1519, it was extended in 1609. The inner wooden frame is original, but the outer cladding was replaced in 1877.
- Address: Westerstraat, Enkhuizen
- Location: Enkhuizen
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I'm a little late in getting to it - our trip was in April 2013 - but I would like to share my trip report for all the wonderful Fodorites who helped in the planning (Thank You, Thank You!!), for all future Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Though the trip has been been in the works for quite a while, we are just now booking flights, hotels, trains, etc. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more