- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lambert van Meerten Museum
Lambert van Meerten Museum Review
Within the shadow of the Oude Kerk, this Renaissance-era, canalside mansion has gloriously paneled rooms that provide a noble setting for antique tiles, tin-glazed earthenware, paintings, and an extensive collection of ebony-veneer furniture. Note especially the great collection of tiles, whose subjects range from foodstuffs to warships. The gardens here are alluring, with a spherical sundial, two busts, and a stone gateway leading the eye through to the tangled woods beyond.
The museum is closed for structural and internal renovations, and it is not yet known how long these will take.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Lots of people go to Amsterdam, and I did too, but from Rotterdam, by bike. Read more
On Thursday we hired to fluisterboten (whisper boats) and had a lovely time exploring the Weerribben National Park in Overijssel from the water. Read more
We will be traveling to The Netherlands in mid September next year and will have a week there before moving on. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more