- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Direct trains leave Amsterdam Central Station for Delft every half hour throughout the day—the journey time is a little under one hour. If driving, take the A10, then the A4 south from Amsterdam. The drive will take between 45 minutes and one hour, depending on traffic.
Trams also run between Delft and The Hague. On buses, trams, and trains, you can use an OV-chipkaart (public transport chip card). These credit card-size tickets can be loaded up with credit from machines in the railway stations, and are debited as you board and leave trains, trams, metros, and buses.
Public Transportation Information (0900/9292. www.9292ov.nl.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $133 & up -- London: 4-Star Hotel near City Center, $200 Off Mercure London Bridge Hotel
- $2999 -- Croatia: 8-Night Escorted Trip w/Roundtrip Airfare Friendly Planet Travel
- $2149 -- 7-Night All-Inclusive European Cruise in Suite MSC Cruises
- Regal Central Europe IExplore
- $1336 & up -- Ireland: 6-Nt. Ritz-Carlton Escape w/Air — $1,336 Sceptre Tours