Getting Here and Around
Take the train from Amsterdam to Apeldoorn. Take bus 108 to Hoenderloo (stop Hoenderloo Centrum), then bus 106 to Otterlo, which stops inside the park. You can also take a long stroll from Hoenderloo Centrum to the park entrance. From then on, you can travel by free white bicycle. By car, take the A1, A12, or A50, following signs for "Park Hoge Veluwe." There are 1,700 free white bicycles available for use inside the park, and there are versions with child seats and smaller bikes for children. Rental and cargo bikes, bikes modified for visitors with a disability, tandems, wheelchair bikes, tricycles, or electric cycles are also available, but need to be booked in advance.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe