From Amsterdam by car and on the S116, go through the IJ tunnel and take the N247 (Nieuwe Leeuwarderweg) and follow signs to Marken. You can also take the No. 311 bus from Amsterdam Centraal Station. The Marken Express ferry travels between Marken and Volendam. You can board it at either harbor. It's also possible to arrange a boat tour or charter from Volendam. Visit the local VVV tourist office for further details.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe