There are new and old bits, and when you cycle from Amsterdam, you need to go through the foot tunnel to reach the nicest part of the dorp (village), where many of the cafés line the central lake. On weekends in the summer, look for the ferry crossing from Holysloot, where, close-by, you can take an entertaining walk amid the cows along the Wittebruggetjesroute ("White Bridges Route") while wheeling your bike.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's