Getting Here and Around
By car from Amsterdam start on the S116, take the N247 (Nieuwe Leeuwarderweg), and follow the signs to Broek-in-Waterland. There is no train station in Broek-in-Waterland, so from Amsterdam public transportation is by bus. The Nos. 110, 118, 311, 312, 314, 315, 316, and 317 buses all go through Amsterdam Centraal. You can buy a Waterland day ticket (EBS bus company) for €10 and combine visits to several villages in this region in one day. This is a popular cycling trip suitable for enthusiastic eight-year-olds upward. Take one of the free ferries behind Centraal Station that cross the IJ, and follow the signs.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe