- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Netherlands is on Central European Time (CET), one hour ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Daylight saving time begins on the last Sunday in March, when clocks are set forward one hour; on the last Sunday in October, clocks are set back one hour. Holland operates on a 24-hour clock, so am hours are listed as in the United States and Britain, but pm hours continue through the cycle (1 pm is 13:00, 2 pm is 14:00, etc.) When it's 3 pm in Amsterdam, it is 2 pm in London, 9 am in New York City, and 6 am in Los Angeles.
Speaking Clock. A telephone call will get you the speaking clock in Dutch. 0900/8002.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe