- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Netherlands is on Central European Time (CET), one hour ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Daylight saving time begins on the last Sunday in March, when clocks are set forward one hour; on the last Sunday in October, clocks are set back one hour. Holland operates on a 24-hour clock, so am hours are listed as in the United States and Britain, but pm hours continue through the cycle (1 pm is 13:00, 2 pm is 14:00, etc.) When it's 3 pm in Amsterdam, it is 2 pm in London, 9 am in New York City, and 6 am in Los Angeles.
Speaking Clock. A telephone call will get you the speaking clock in Dutch. 0900/8002.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's