- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Restrooms (toiletten or WC in Dutch) in restaurants, bars, and other public places in the Netherlands are generally very clean, and most are free, although you may have to pay a few cents to an attendant in some cafés, and up to 50 cents in stations. A few older cafés and bars here may have only one unisex restroom. Women shouldn't be surprised to find a urinal, possibly in use, beside the washbasin in such establishments.
Find a Loo
The Bathroom Diaries. Flush with unsanitized info, the Bathroom Diaries has the lowdown on restrooms the world over—each one located, reviewed, and rated. thebathroomdiaries.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe