- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The I amsterdam City Card provides free and discount admissions to many of Amsterdam's top museums (but not the Anne Frank House), plus a free canal ride, free use of public transport, and a 25% discount on various attractions and restaurants; savings can be very substantial. A 24-hour pass costs €40, a 48-hour costs €50, and a 72-hour costs €60. The pass comes with a booklet in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. It can be purchased at branches of the VVV (Netherlands Board of Tourism information offices), the GVB (both at Centraal Station), and through some hotels and museums.
If you are here for a few more days or intend to visit museums in other parts of the Netherlands, such as Haarlem, a Museumkaart (museum card) might offer better value. This gives you free entry to more than 440 museums throughout the country for a year, including the top draws in Amsterdam (except the Anne Frank House). It is available, upon showing ID, at VVV offices and participating museums for €44.95.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $94 -- Amsterdam: 4-Star Hotel thru Summer, 40% Off Novotel Amsterdam City
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line