When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
There's no bad time to visit Amsterdam, but there are two big seasons. Tulip time is mid-March to mid-May, when the global rush to the bulb fields is matched by a springtime surge in hotel bookings and the line for the Anne Frank House. It is also bustling in the summer months when there's an enormous variety of cultural events and festivals. Queen's Day (April 30) and Museum Night (first week in November) are worth visits in their own right. Take advantage of Tulip Days (third weekend in April), Open Garden Days (third weekend in June), and Open Monument Day (second weekend in September) for seeing heritage properties and some extraordinary gardens rarely open to the public.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's