Landmarking the eastern corner of the Waterlooplein flea market, this structure once had a warehouse facade to disguise its function as a clandestine Catholic church. If this rarely used church could speak, it would name-drop the great philosopher Spinoza (it was built on the location of his birth house) and Liszt (it hosted a recital of his that he considered his all-time best). Originally built in the 1640s, it was rebuilt in 1841 by architect T.F. Suys, then refurbished
in 1969. The name of the church refers to the figures adorning two gable stones of the original edifice, now to be seen in the rear wall. Today it functions as an adult education center. In the summer months there are guided tours.