- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Located on the Damrak, this fantastic store is filled with cool, cute, and convenient designer objects, all with a Dutch touch—just the place when you don't want to return home empty-handed but don't particularly want to load up on kitschy wooden shoes. They have something for every budget, from bike bells and placemats to precious tulip vases. For fancy, how about a Heath Nash "art from rubbish" lamp made from pink and orange plastic detergent bottles? Or, for cheap, a "Relax Mama" nail polish. Truly delightful, quirky, and designed for those who appreciate a tongue-in-chic wink, this is a must-do. Payment with plastic only.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Lots of people go to Amsterdam, and I did too, but from Rotterdam, by bike. Read more
On Thursday we hired to fluisterboten (whisper boats) and had a lovely time exploring the Weerribben National Park in Overijssel from the water. Read more
We are experienced independent travelers who usually travel with the idea that is better to see a few places well, than many poorly.
We are in the planning stages of a trip in late April or early May tha Read more
· News & Features
Amsterdam has an incredible past, enticing sights, and tasty cuisine. ... Read more
The Netherlands' charming capital city has a bit of everything—bikes and bars, cafes and canals,... Read more
From romantic, three-course meals to carefully crafted cocktails, Amsterdam's best canal cruises go above... Read more