- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This intimate and inexpensive breakfast, lunch, and high-tea favorite is strewn with flea market finds (such as a gorgeous Portuguese chandelier) and often requires a reservation to snag one of its 10 tables. But it's worth planning in advance for their lovely sandwiches and soups—with veggies picked fresh from their own kitchen garden—or their home-baked cakes, cupcakes, and quiches. Afternoon tea in this snug spot, only served from 2 to 5 pm, is a popular choice for catching up with old friends—especially on Amsterdam's notoriously rainy days.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
I have just returned from a wonderful long weekend in Amsterdam. Read more
I will be picking up a new Volvo in Sweden in May and then driving it to Amsterdam where I will drop it off at a Volvo business partner for shipping to the U.S. We are boarding a cruise in Amsterdam. My Read more
· News & Features
Amsterdam has an incredible past, enticing sights, and tasty cuisine.... Read more
The Netherlands' charming capital city has a bit of everything—bikes and bars, cafes and canals,... Read more
From romantic, three-course meals to carefully crafted cocktails, Amsterdam's best canal cruises go above... Read more