- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky
At a Glance
- well situated on the Dam Square
- gorgeous Belle Epoque breakfast room and restaurant
- near transportation
- choice of in-house dining
- impersonal feel
- rooms vary greatly in size and decor so beware of what you get
Check Rates from our Partners
NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky Review
The monumental Krasnapolsky is one of the few places in Amsterdam where you can still inhale a true Belle Epoque atmosphere—though sadly, not in the frustratingly bland though well-maintained guest rooms. The Reflet restaurant is a 19th-century oasis of elegance, and the soaringly beautiful Wintertuin (Winter Garden) is now the hotel's breakfast room (also open to nonguests). Sitting in this masterpiece of 19th-century allure, under a greenhouse roof and replete with potted palms, Victorian chandeliers, and buffet tables stocked with cakes and roses, might make you feel like a countess or duke. Later you can sweat out your indulgences in the well-equipped gym.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
I have just returned from a wonderful long weekend in Amsterdam. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Amsterdam has an incredible past, enticing sights, and tasty cuisine. ... Read more
The Netherlands' charming capital city has a bit of everything—bikes and bars, cafes and canals,... Read more
From romantic, three-course meals to carefully crafted cocktails, Amsterdam's best canal cruises go above... Read more