- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam
At a Glance
- sophisticated, chic design throughout
- beautiful garden
- gorgeous spa
- very luxurious
- butler service and all sorts of other amenities
- rather noisy location
- staff somewhat frosty
Check Rates from our Partners
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam Review
Beyond the necoclassical courtyard and carved marble pediments is a haven of style and luxury, a stunning symphony of color and chic furniture—appropriately deluxe surroundings for a guest list that includes rock stars and heads of state. The city's most deluxe hotel was built as a convent in the 14th century, went on to house the offices of the Amsterdam Admiralty, and was Amsterdam's city hall until 1988 (Queen Beatrix was married here in the 1960s). The acclaimed Bridges restaurant serves delicious French dishes and fresh oysters beneath a mural by Dutch artist Karel Appel, and afternoon tea in the glorious inner garden is an Amsterdam tradition.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
I have just returned from a wonderful long weekend in Amsterdam. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Amsterdam has an incredible past, enticing sights, and tasty cuisine. ... Read more
The Netherlands' charming capital city has a bit of everything—bikes and bars, cafes and canals,... Read more
From romantic, three-course meals to carefully crafted cocktails, Amsterdam's best canal cruises go above... Read more