- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- cheap and cheerful
- friendly vibe
- in a lively area with many bars, affordable eateries, and secondhand bookstores
- books up fast
- only two private doubles
Check Rates from our Partners
Stayokay Amsterdam-Stadsdoelen Review
If you're looking for simple accommodation at a bargain-basement price, you can't do better than this backpacker's Ritz in a canal house at the edge of the Red Light District. This might be the most gezellig, or cozy, place to stay in Amsterdam: everyone congregates in the lobby to make new friends, watch TV, or use the Internet. The dormitories are immaculate, and breakfast and bed sheets are included in the price.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
I have just returned from a wonderful long weekend in Amsterdam. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Amsterdam has an incredible past, enticing sights, and tasty cuisine. ... Read more
The Netherlands' charming capital city has a bit of everything—bikes and bars, cafes and canals,... Read more
From romantic, three-course meals to carefully crafted cocktails, Amsterdam's best canal cruises go above... Read more