- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- international crowd
- fun atmosphere
- the Ritz among hostels
- best for the young
- staff can be brusque
- checking in seems to take forever
Check Rates from our Partners
Hans Brinker Review
Many of the no-frills but sparkling clean rooms, with white walls and blue floors, are dorm style with bunks, but those who don't fancy waking up with strangers can also book one of the private doubles or triples. As basic as the surroundings are, the place is never boring. You can boogie in the disco, drink at the bar, and enjoy incredibly cheap meals (guests only) in the dining room. Beer-soaked Leidseplein is just around the corner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
I have just returned from a wonderful long weekend in Amsterdam. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Amsterdam has an incredible past, enticing sights, and tasty cuisine. ... Read more
The Netherlands' charming capital city has a bit of everything—bikes and bars, cafes and canals,... Read more
From romantic, three-course meals to carefully crafted cocktails, Amsterdam's best canal cruises go above... Read more