- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- friendly staff
- historical building
- Wi-Fi in lobby
- somewhat anonymous atmosphere
- noise from nearby nightclubs and bars
Check Rates from our Partners
NH Schiller Review
Though this 1912 landmark is now in the hands of a large chain, a lot of Art Nouveau style still distinguishes the premises, packed with stained glass, paneling, and wrought-iron; even the blandly modernized guest rooms are enlivened with colorful paintings by founder Fritz Schiller. (Herr Schiller, you'll soon see, was wise to take up hotel keeping as his main occupation.) The atmospheric Schiller Café is a popular meeting place, though perhaps less bohemian now than it once was, and the Brasserie Schiller hums with espresso machines and a friendly vibe.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
I have just returned from a wonderful long weekend in Amsterdam. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Amsterdam has an incredible past, enticing sights, and tasty cuisine. ... Read more
The Netherlands' charming capital city has a bit of everything—bikes and bars, cafes and canals,... Read more
From romantic, three-course meals to carefully crafted cocktails, Amsterdam's best canal cruises go above... Read more