- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Rive Review
Located within the InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel—the lodging of choice for royalty, dignitaries, and rock stars—La Rive is the city's unparalleled purveyor of refined French and Mediterranean cuisines. The setting is chic, with views directly on the river and formal service that is solicitous but not stuffy. If you don't mind emptying your wallet, settle in for the full seven-course menu for €112 (but you might just want to settle for a two-course lunch for €49). Anjou pigeon with apricots, duck liver, and beetroot is a typical starter, and main courses reflect a marked fetish for the ultimate ingredients. For instance, a meatier choice is their Wagyu sirloin with kailan (Chinese broccoli), pumpkin, and bay leaf. Even though the economy has made an impact on reservations here, it doesn't hurt to make a booking well ahead of time—after all, this has long been known as one of Amsterdam's haute cuisine showplaces.
- Address: InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel, Professor Tulpplein 1, East of Amstel, Amsterdam, 1018 GX | Map It
- Phone: 020/520–3264
- Website: www.restaurantlarive.com
- Location: East of the Amstel
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No Lunch. Closed Mon. Closed last two wks of July, first two wks of Aug., and first wk of Jan.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I'm a little late in getting to it - our trip was in April 2013 - but I would like to share my trip report for all the wonderful Fodorites who helped in the planning (Thank You, Thank You!!), for all future Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are spending three days in Amsterdam, five in Rome, two in Florence and three days in Venice the first 2 weeks of May. Read more
· News & Features
Amsterdam has an incredible past, enticing sights, and tasty cuisine.... Read more
The Netherlands' charming capital city has a bit of everything—bikes and bars, cafes and canals,... Read more
From romantic, three-course meals to carefully crafted cocktails, Amsterdam's best canal cruises go above... Read more