- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Rive Review
Located within the InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel—the lodging of choice for royalty, dignitaries, and rock stars—La Rive is the city's unparalleled purveyor of refined French and Mediterranean cuisines. The setting is chic, with views directly on the river and formal service that is solicitous but not stuffy. If you don't mind emptying your wallet, settle in for the full seven-course menu for €112 (but you might just want to settle for a two-course lunch for €49). Anjou pigeon with apricots, duck liver, and beetroot is a typical starter, and main courses reflect a marked fetish for the ultimate ingredients. For instance, a meatier choice is their Wagyu sirloin with kailan (Chinese broccoli), pumpkin, and bay leaf. Even though the economy has made an impact on reservations here, it doesn't hurt to make a booking well ahead of time—after all, this has long been known as one of Amsterdam's haute cuisine showplaces.
- Address: InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel, Professor Tulpplein 1, East of Amstel, Amsterdam, 1018 GX | Map It
- Phone: 020/520–3264
- Website: www.restaurantlarive.com
- Location: East of the Amstel
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No Lunch. Closed Mon. Closed last two wks of July, first two wks of Aug., and first wk of Jan.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Lots of people go to Amsterdam, and I did too, but from Rotterdam, by bike. Read more
On Thursday we hired to fluisterboten (whisper boats) and had a lovely time exploring the Weerribben National Park in Overijssel from the water. Read more
1st time in Brussels. Read more
· News & Features
Amsterdam has an incredible past, enticing sights, and tasty cuisine.... Read more
The Netherlands' charming capital city has a bit of everything—bikes and bars, cafes and canals,... Read more
From romantic, three-course meals to carefully crafted cocktails, Amsterdam's best canal cruises go above... Read more