- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Over het IJ Festival. Such internationally statured companies as Dogtroep (www.dogtroep.nl), PIPS:lab (www.pipslab.nl), and Vis-à-Vis (www.visavis.nl) are specialists in the typically Dutch school of spectacle theater, which is hardly bound by language and goes in search of unique locations—and other dimensions—to strut its stuff. Groups like this usually participate, along with many others of like mind from around the world, in the amazing annual Over het IJ Festival. This festival is held every July at the abandoned shipyard-turned-postmodern-culture-center NDSM in Amsterdam North, gathering together dozens of dance and theater troupes dedicated to the more wild and physical aspects of the arts. NDSM-werf, Neveritaweg 15, 1033 WB. 020/820–2625. www.overhetij.nl.
Parade. If you happen to be in town for the first two, and sometimes the third, weeks of August, don't miss Parade, a traveling tent city that specializes in quirky performances and a social and carnivalesque ambience. Martin Luther Kingpark, Amsterdam South, Amsterdam, 1079 LM. 033/465-4555. www.deparade.nl.Updated: 11-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's