- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Buses are cheap and cover practically the entire country, but many are old and uncomfortable—and if they're full (as is often the case in high season), you might find yourself standing for the duration of your trip. That said, there's no better way to meet the locals and gain insight into Montenegrin life than spending a few hours on a crowded coach. Numerous small bus lines operate regularly along the coast between Herzeg Novi (in the north) and Ulcinj (in the south), stopping at most towns along the way. For other routes, inquire at the bus station of departure.
Budva Bus Station (Ulica Popa Jola Zeca bb, Budva, 85310. 033/456–000.)
Kotor Bus Station (Škaljari bb, Kotor, 85330. 032/325–089. www.autobuskastanicakotor.me.)
Olimpia Express (Trg Sunca 2, Budva, 85310. 033/451–567.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's