- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
(Fortress). On the southern town walls, facing out to sea, this fortress dates back to the 6th century AD. Various alterations and additions were made through the centuries, including the barracks, which were built by the Austrians in 1836. Steps climb to the arched entrance, protected by a cannon, then continue upward to a large terrace offering fine views over the Old Town's terra-cotta rooftops and out to sea. In summer, open-air theater performances are held here.
- Address: Trg Izmedju Crkava, Budva
- Cost: €2
- Hours: June–Sept., daily 8–midnight; Oct.–May, daily 8–2
- Location: Budva
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
I will be in Turin (Torino) in early September for 6 nights/5 days. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more