Montenegro Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
Plan Your Montenegro Vacation
An independent country since May 2006, tiny Montenegro (about the size of Connecticut) overlooks the Adriatic Sea and lies between Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, and Albania. The 650,000 people who live here call it Crna Gora (which, like Montenegro, means "black mountain"), in tribute to the imposing, pine-forested mountains of the interior.
Montenegro's most luxurious and most expensive hotels are in Budva and Sveti Stefan on the coast. The country's socialist-era resort hotels are fast being...read more
Along the Montenegrin coast, seafood predominates, with starters including salata od hobotnice (octopus salad) and riblja čorba (fish soup), followed by...read more
Things To Do in Montenegro
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more