From the Nice airport, there's a direct bus service from Rapides Côte d'Azur (08–00–06–01–06 www.rca.tm.fr); the No. 110 takes 45 minutes and costs €18. RCA also has a 50-minute express bus No. 100X connecting with Nice's center-city J.C. Bermond bus station; tickets cost €1. The 100 Lignes d'Azur bus (08–00–06–10–06 www.lignesdazur.com) costs €1 and leaves from the J.C. Bermond bus station in Nice, but be prepared as it takes about an hour to get there. From Nice's train station (Gare SNCF, Av. Thiers 36–35 www.sncf.com), Monaco is serviced by regular trains along the Cannes–Ventimiglia line; Monaco's train station is on Avenue Prince Pierre. From Nice the journey costs €3.60 one-way and takes 20 minutes.
Monaco Tourist Office. Before starting off, arm yourself with a map and a bus schedule or an excellent pair of walking shoes and start at the tourist office, just north of the casino gardens. 2a bd. des Moulins, Monte Carlo, 98000. 377/92–16–61–16. www.visitmonaco.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's