Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
The semifossilized remains of long-extinct species of dwarf elephants and hippopotamuses that roamed the island some 125,000 years ago were found in a cave here. The fossils are now on display in the small museum. The earliest evidence of human occupation on Malta dating from 7,000 years ago was found in the excavated upper layer on the cave floor.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My wife and I had a marvellous 8 days in Malta, 15 –22 March 2013. Read more
My film “Don Corleone’s Island” presents highlights of Sicily (Italy) and Malta, starring a “Godfather” movie shrine, the Mt Etna volcano, Greek Temple of Concord, fantastic Read more
I had to burn off some frequent flier miles from a canceled reservation with United... and on a bit of a whim (and having heard good things) managed to get a couple of cheap seats from the US to Malta i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more