Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
Blue Lagoon Review
A natural inlet of languid azure waters sheltered by golden-hued rocky islets, this is one of the finest swimming, snorkelling and diving locations in the whole Mediterranean. A lack of sand and silt results in excellent water clarity and a good range of sea life means there's always something of interest even in the shallows.
Blue Lagoon is regularly used as a film location, most famously for the naval scenes in the Hollywood blockbuster Troy (2004) with Brad Pitt. Today the area has become a must-visit day trip by boat from Malta and the numbers of visitors can overwhelm the site during peak season (July–August).
- Address: Comino, KMN 1010
- Location: Comino
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My wife and I had a marvellous 8 days in Malta, 15 –22 March 2013. Read more
My film “Don Corleone’s Island” presents highlights of Sicily (Italy) and Malta, starring a “Godfather” movie shrine, the Mt Etna volcano, Greek Temple of Concord, fantastic Read more
I've read many posts from others who have traveled to Sicily and Malta and I thank you for all the great info. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more