Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
Blue Lagoon Review
A natural inlet of languid azure waters sheltered by golden-hued rocky islets, this is one of the finest swimming, snorkelling and diving locations in the whole Mediterranean. A lack of sand and silt results in excellent water clarity and a good range of sea life means there's always something of interest even in the shallows.
Blue Lagoon is regularly used as a film location, most famously for the naval scenes in the Hollywood blockbuster Troy (2004) with Brad Pitt. Today the area has become a must-visit day trip by boat from Malta and the numbers of visitors can overwhelm the site during peak season (July–August).
- Address: Comino, KMN 1010
- Location: Comino
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My wife and I had a marvellous 8 days in Malta, 15 –22 March 2013. Read more
My film “Don Corleone’s Island” presents highlights of Sicily (Italy) and Malta, starring a “Godfather” movie shrine, the Mt Etna volcano, Greek Temple of Concord, fantastic Read more
I had to burn off some frequent flier miles from a canceled reservation with United... and on a bit of a whim (and having heard good things) managed to get a couple of cheap seats from the US to Malta i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more