Train travel within the grand duchy is limited; a north-south line connects Luxembourg City with Clervaux in the north and Bettembourg in the south, and another line carries you to Grevenmacher and Wasserbillig, along the Moselle. A third line travels northwest to Brussels in Belgium; while branch lines connect the capital to Esch-sur-Alzette, Rumelange, and Dudelange in the south.
For information, write or call the Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois. CFL, Pl. de la Gare 9, B.P. 1803, Luxembourg, L1018. 2489-2489. www.cfl.lu.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe