The best way to see Luxembourg, outside of Luxembourg City, is by car. Castles and attractive villages are scattered around and connected by pleasant, well-maintained country roads. Priorité à droite (yield to the right) applies here and should be strictly observed; drivers may shoot out from side streets without glancing to their left. Speed limits are 50 kph (31 mph) in built-up areas, 90 kph (55 mph) on national highways, and 120 kph (75 mph) on expressways.
A car is a liability in small, walkable Luxembourg City. It's best (albeit expensive) place to deposit your vehicle in a central parking area, either Parking Glacis, near the Grande-Duchesse Charlotte bridge, or Parking Knuedler, under Place Guillaume.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe