The Luxembourg bus system carries passengers to points throughout the grand duchy.
Most buses leave from the Luxembourg City train station. Junction of Av. de la Gare, R. de Strasbourg, Av. de la Liberté. 49-24-24.
You can buy an horaire (bus schedule) to plan complex itineraries, visit www.mobiliteit.lu, or consult the tourist office. Tickets on any route, valid up to 2 hours, cost just €1.50. The Oeko-Billjee, a special day ticket (€4), allows you to travel anywhere in the country by bus (including city buses) or rail, from the time you first use it until 8 am the next day. They're available in Luxembourg City at any train station or at the Centre Hamilius ( Av. Monterey 8A, at R. Aldringen), the bus station in front of the central post office.
Luxembourg City has a highly efficient bus service covering the town and outlying areas. Get tickets and details about services at the information counter of the Centre Aldringen. A 10-ride ticket costs €12.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Night Trip with Airfare & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- $2149 -- 7-Night All-Inclusive European Cruise in Suite MSC Cruises
- Seductive Spain IExplore
- $1336 & up -- Ireland: 6-Nt. Ritz-Carlton Escape w/Air — $1,336 Sceptre Tours
- Splendors of Sicily — $6,995 IExplore