Located at the point where the Luxembourg, German, and French borders converge, this small town looms large in recent European history. It was here, aboard the boat Marie-Astrid, that the final agreement was signed allowing European passport holders to travel freely across the continent. A monument in the middle of town commemorates the event.
Schengen at a Glance
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe