The heart of the Ardennes forest is in the northern wedge of the country, where Luxembourg meets Belgium and Germany. Here, quiet and humble agricultural villages are the norm, and often cows and chickens outnumber people. Asselborn is a typical town of this region, with its sparse population and working farms. Here you can hike, bike, and take in the rural beauty around you.
A few kilometers north of Asselborn, the hamlets of Triosverges, Hachiville, and Binsfield are worth a visit. Troisverges and Hachiville both have small, charming churches featuring Flemish-school paintings. Binsfield is home to the Musée A Schiewesh, a collection of antique farming equipment.
Asselborn at a Glance
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe