Place d'Armes Review
Once the innermost heart of the fortified city, the square today, lined with symmetrical plane trees and strung with colored lights, is the most welcoming corner of town. In fine weather its cafés and benches are full of both locals and visitors. The bandstand has concerts every summer evening by visiting bands. Every second and fourth Saturday, a brocante (antiques/flea) market fills the square.
- Address: Rue de la Poste; av. de la Porte Neuve; rues des Capucins, Génistre, du Curé, de Chimay, and Philippe II; and av. Monterey., Luxembourg City
- Location: Luxembourg City
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I decided to squeeze a brief visit to Luxembourg in the middle of a ten day trip to France and Belgium. I'm a photographer, and Read more
Although I originally planned to do a day driving trip from Brussels to Luxembourg, the forecast winter weather along with a bargain train ticket has made me change my plans. Read more
Back in January I got wonderful advice from everyone here on a possible itinerary for Switzerland in the fall. Read more
· News & Features
Luxembourg is nestled between Belgium, Germany, and France, with a native language that’s a Flemish-Germanic ... Read more
Author Chris Pavone’s new espionage thriller, The Expats, is about an American abroad who finds... Read more