With its bas-relief of the Countess Ermesinde granting Luxembourg its charter of freedom in 1244, the former municipal building hosts occasional art exhibitions. Admission is always free, but check with the tourist office for event dates and times. A new enclosed glass footbridge links the north side of the building to the Cité complex across Rue Genistre. The latter, a former movie theater, now houses the municipal library.
East end, Pl. d'Armes, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg