Le Place d'Armes
At a Glance
- Unbeatable location, luxurious rooms
- No on-site parking, breakfast is expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Place d'Armes Review
You couldn't ask for a more central location for luxury than this plush 5-star joint, right on the main square from which it takes its name. The completely renovated 18th century building was formerly seven separate properties, which is why the floors appear to be on random levels connected by short flights of stairs (there are several lifts, so accessing anywhere is no problem). At the heart of hotel is a beautiful conservatory and the reception rooms are in a stone cellar. Each of the 28 rooms is uniquely decorated, and while all have modern fittings, they still reflect the period grandeur of the building itself. Bathrooms for example are ultra-modern, but come with marble washbasins.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I decided to squeeze a brief visit to Luxembourg in the middle of a ten day trip to France and Belgium. I'm a photographer, and Read more
Although I originally planned to do a day driving trip from Brussels to Luxembourg, the forecast winter weather along with a bargain train ticket has made me change my plans. Read more
I have some questions regarding a two-week itinerary in Europe in May, and what better place to ask a question than Fodor, correct?
My current work contract ends at the end of this month, Read more
· News & Features
Luxembourg is nestled between Belgium, Germany, and France, with a native language that’s a Flemish-Germanic... Read more
Author Chris Pavone’s new espionage thriller, The Expats, is about an American abroad who finds... Read more