Grand Hôtel Mercure Alfa
Check Rates from our Partners
Grand Hôtel Mercure Alfa Review
Conveniently located near the train station, the Mercure Alfa has a striking beaux-arts facade dating from its opening in the 1930s. The rooms have been updated since General Patton stayed here during World War II—they're large, with tasteful modern wood furnishings, hardwood floors, and spacious bathrooms with marble fixtures. Ask for a room in front, with views of the station and the street life below (and insulated glass windows that keep out the noise).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I decided to squeeze a brief visit to Luxembourg in the middle of a ten day trip to France and Belgium. I'm a photographer, and Read more
Although I originally planned to do a day driving trip from Brussels to Luxembourg, the forecast winter weather along with a bargain train ticket has made me change my plans. Read more
I have some questions regarding a two-week itinerary in Europe in May, and what better place to ask a question than Fodor, correct?
My current work contract ends at the end of this month, Read more
· News & Features
Luxembourg is nestled between Belgium, Germany, and France, with a native language that’s a Flemish-Germanic... Read more
Author Chris Pavone’s new espionage thriller, The Expats, is about an American abroad who finds... Read more