Airy, bright, and ultrachic, this dining spot on the city's most attractive square attracts government ministers and visiting dignitaries as well as genuine gourmets. Chef-owner Tony Tintinger's inspirations include a showcase of foie gras specialties, innovative fish dishes (soufflé of langoustines flavored with aniseed), and game novelties (tournedos of doe with wild mushrooms).
- Address: Pl. de Clairefontaine 9, Luxembourg City | Map It
- Phone: 46–22–11
- Website: www.restaurantclairefontaine.lu
- Location: Luxembourg City
- Jacket and tie.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed weekends, 1 wk in Easter, 2 wks in Aug., 1 wk Christmas and New Year.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I decided to squeeze a brief visit to Luxembourg in the middle of a ten day trip to France and Belgium. I'm a photographer, and Read more
Although I originally planned to do a day driving trip from Brussels to Luxembourg, the forecast winter weather along with a bargain train ticket has made me change my plans. Read more
I have one extra day for my Europe trip and now I am torn between:
Luxembourg vs Brugge/Bruges. Read more
· News & Features
Luxembourg is nestled between Belgium, Germany, and France, with a native language that’s a Flemish-Germanic... Read more
Author Chris Pavone’s new espionage thriller, The Expats, is about an American abroad who finds... Read more