Airy, bright, and ultrachic, this dining spot on the city's most attractive square attracts government ministers and visiting dignitaries as well as genuine gourmets. Chef-owner Tony Tintinger's inspirations include a showcase of foie gras specialties, innovative fish dishes (soufflé of langoustines flavored with aniseed), and game novelties (tournedos of doe with wild mushrooms).
- Address: Pl. de Clairefontaine 9, Luxembourg City | Map It
- Phone: 46–22–11
- Website: www.restaurantclairefontaine.lu
- Location: Luxembourg City
- Jacket and tie.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed weekends, 1 wk in Easter, 2 wks in Aug., 1 wk Christmas and New Year.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I decided to squeeze a brief visit to Luxembourg in the middle of a ten day trip to France and Belgium. I'm a photographer, and Read more
Although I originally planned to do a day driving trip from Brussels to Luxembourg, the forecast winter weather along with a bargain train ticket has made me change my plans. Read more
·Austria Forum, Belgium Forum, Czech Republic Forum, France Forum, Germany Forum, Italy Forum, Luxembourg Forum, Netherlands Forum, Switzerland Forum
Hi everyone! Read more
· News & Features
Luxembourg is nestled between Belgium, Germany, and France, with a native language that’s a Flemish-Germanic... Read more
Author Chris Pavone’s new espionage thriller, The Expats, is about an American abroad who finds... Read more