Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
Wirtschaft zum Löwen
Wirtschaft zum Löwen Review
Though there's plenty of French, Swiss, and Austrian influence, Liechtenstein has a cuisine of its own, and this is the place to try it. In a wood-shingle landmark farmhouse on the Austrian border, the friendly Biedermann family serves tender homemade Schwartenmagen (the pressed-pork mold unfortunately known as headcheese in English), tripe in white wine, lovely meats, and the local crusty, chewy bread. For dessert, order the Kaiserschmarrn, a caramelized pancake with plum compote. Be sure to try the region's distinctive wines. When driving here on Route 16, keep an eye out for Schellenberg, posted to the left; if you zip past it, you'll end up in Austria.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Myself and three others are travelling around Europe later this month, and are looking at fares from Rome to Zurich. Read more