Liechtenstein Travel Guide
Fodor's England 2014
When you cross the border from Switzerland into the principality of Liechtenstein, you will see license plates marked "FL": this stands for Fürstentum Liechtenstein (Principality of Liechtenstein). You are leaving the world's oldest democracy and entering a monarchy that is the last remnant of the Holy Roman Empire—all 160 square km (59 square miles) of it. If you don't put the brakes on, you'll wind up quickly in Austria.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Liechtenstein restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Liechtenstein
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now27.5° F Light Freezing Fog 93% Humidity
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We've been home for a while now but I thought I would post a belated trip report, partly to thank all those people whose advice I took, either directly or by reading their trip reports.
We are in our seventies, Read more
So, I did not expect to be following up my last report on this subject (http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/10-days-hardly-in-paris-wandering-the-ile-de-france.cfm) so quickly, but plans for anothe Read more
French cafe offers discounts to polite customers
Sign outside Côte d'Azur establishment lists price of coffee as €7 but 'Bonjour, un café, s'il vous plaît' Read more