Liechtenstein Travel Guide
When you cross the border from Switzerland into the principality of Liechtenstein, you will see license plates marked "FL": this stands for Fürstentum Liechtenstein (Principality of Liechtenstein). You are leaving the world's oldest democracy and entering a monarchy that is the last remnant of the Holy Roman Empire—all 160 square km (59 square mi) of it. If you don't put the brakes on, you'll wind up quickly in Austria.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Liechtenstein restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Liechtenstein
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Book 4-Star Engimatt in Z?rich Fr $228+/Nt Save with Expedia, $107/night less
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $184+/Nt Travelocity
- $173 & Up: X-Tra 3-Star Hotel in Z?rich — $173 Expedia
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $111+/Nt — $111 Travelocity
- Special deal: 4-Star Steigenberger Bellerive au Lac Fr $582+/Nt — $582 Expedia
There is an article in Liechtenstein's constitution that states that every able-bodied man up to 60 years old must be prepared to defend his country... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We avoided lines yesterday by taking a combination of RER B and bus 48 to the Parc des Buttes Chaumont. Read more
Hi all! Read more