Taxis are expensive around Rīga's hotels and ferry, bus, and train stations, but cheaper within the city center; for best results, telephone for one. An average trip within the city should not cost more than 3 Ls; some taxis charge a flat fee of 10 Ls to and from the airport. Drivers must display an operating license and a meter. Stick to the state cabs with orange and black markings. Insist that the meter be turned on; if there is no meter, choose another taxi or decide on a price beforehand. Rīga Taxi and Rīgas Taksometru Parks are by and large trustworthy taxi companies.
Rīga Taxi (800–1010.)
Rīgas Taksometru Parks (800–1313. www.rtp.lv.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's