Public transportation runs 5:30 am–midnight (or until 1 am for some routes). Other routes have 24-hour service. A convenient e-ticket system is used with plastic passes; long term blue e-tickets can be bought in "Rīgas satiksme" outlets only, but can be recharged in vending machines or kiosks. There are also short-term passes, suitable for tourists and visitors that consist of yellow e-tickets good for a specific number of rides, and these can be bought almost anywhere. If you have not purchased your e-ticket in advance, you can always get a more expensive single-journey paper ticket from the driver. Prices and schedules can be found in English at www.rigassatiksme.lv/en.
Bus Station (Prāgas 1, Rīga. 900–0009. www.autoosta.lv.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's